Submitting Your Contractor Cloud Resume
A Winning Resume!
In this Blog, we would like to share a piece from our recent edition of NEWS SILO that provided some tips and tricks on how best to tailor your Contractor Cloud Resume.
The majority of jobs on Contractor Cloud are either after Professional Contractors with specific skills, or Casual Labour. Your resume needs to clearly establish which of these categories you fall into so farmers can quickly ascertain which applications are relevant.
To begin with, your resume is your chance to demonstrate your suitability for the role. It needs to demonstrate:
- That you have the right experience and skills
- e.g. Specific agricultural experience
- How you meet the job and the organisation’s requirements
- Check the job ad to see what they have specifically asked for
- That you have the right qualifications if required
- e.g. Operating tickets
- That you have the right level of professionalism for the job
- This is where they want to see your industrialness
Generally, it’s always good to have the following in your resume in roughly the below order:
- Opening statement about yourself
- The type of work you are seeking
- List of key skills
- Employment history / work placements
- List of technical skills
- Educational qualifications
- Contact details
There are also things you shouldn’t include in your resume:
- Your birth date
- Your gender
- Your address
- Any ailments or disabilities
- Your health status
- Images and graphics
- Fancy formatting
In conclusion, keep it simple as Farmers won’t want to receive an essay. Essentially, how and why are you well suited to complete the work; time, equipment, location, experience etc.